• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help needed to configure DNS Zone file!

J

jaylee

I have been trying to add SRV records to my existing DNS Zone generated by Plesk 7.5 Reloaded. Since SRV type is not listed in the Plesk control panel menu, I just tried to edit the Zone file directly. However, it seems to me that simply editing a Zone file is not enough. When I edit the Zone file, record types other than A, PTR, MX, NS, CNAME, and TXT are not effective.

Can anybody guide me how to manually add record types not listed in the Plesk menu?

Thank you,

Hacking Plesk 7.5

I did the following (Plesk version 7.5 Reloaded for Linux):

1) Modify the database to support SRV records:
Code:
mysql -u admin -p psa
mysql> alter table dns_recs modify column type enum('NS','A','CNAME','MX','PTR','TXT','SRV','none') default 'A' not null;

2) Insert some new SRV records into the database:

Code:
mysql> insert into dns_recs (dom_id, type, host, val, opt, time_stamp) values (1, 'SRV', '_jabber._tcp.domain.com.', 'xmpp-server4.l.google.com.', '20 0 5269', '20061214010101');

3) In command line add and delete a dummy A record to refresh zone file:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns.sh --add "domain.com" -a "dummy" -ip 10.0.0.1

/usr/local/psa/bin/dns.sh --del "domain.com" -a "dummy" -ip 10.0.0.1

4) Checked the new record on dnsstuff.com:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=_jabber._tcp.domain.com&type=SRV

*** Note that domain name is a fake one. ***

Is there any way to run query (modify dns zone template records) in Windows Version. I have Plesk 8.6.

Back