• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Help needed with restoring users IP when coming from Cloudflare, Provided Doc script not working for me.

raykai

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3
Hi, I have Plesk set up as default as Nginx ( Reverse Proxy Server ) > Apache.

I'm trying to restore the true users IP that comes from the Cloudflare proxy. I got Apache to give the users true IP but I can't get Nginx to do it server-wide.

Snipaste_2022-06-28_13-33-53.png

I do have logs that are showing Cloudflare IP with Nginx like in the screenshot the IP 162.158.126.206 = Cloudflare, Inc.

When following the guide for the Server-wide solution with Nginx enabled: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...behind-load-balancer-or-reverse-forward-proxy

When I run the provided script cf.sh with the Plesk Scheduled Tasks I get this error:
Code:
Nginx is not in use on this Plesk server. Exiting... /cf.sh: line 7: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng: No such file or directory

When I run the provided script in SSH /root/cf.sh I get an error:
Code:
# /root/cf.sh
Previous execution of the script failed!
There is /etc/nginx/conf.d/cf-stop
Review the script functional and remove the /etc/nginx/conf.d/cf-stop
The script execution was halted.

I have also added real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP; in nginx directives but it does not seem to work

How can I fix this for it to work?

I need help with this, please. As my logs in /var/log/nginx/access.log are still showing Cloudflare Ips

Back