• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cloudflare not showing real visitor IP

Zoinkz

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu 18.04 Server.

My website is using Cloudflare, but on the website logs it does not show real IP of visitors.

Furthermore, I can't find Cloudflare Servershield extensions on Updates or Extension page.

CF documentation is telling me to install nginx module

Plesk is running in default configuration, so the request goes to visitor>nginx>apache

I have also added real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP; in nginx directives but it does not seem to work

PLESK Docs instructions don't work, it seems the cloudflare nginx module is not installed (?)

Any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Furthermore, I can't find Cloudflare Servershield extensions on Updates or Extension page.

Hello,

i have also this issue now. having still my old host server with the cf extension, but changed to a new host yet, but dont have there the extension availabe to install.... Is there any workaround to this, is there maybe the possibility to export the CF Server shield extension, and install it on my new host???

Thx

Hello, for me the issue was fixed when adding:

real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP;

to additional nginx directives

Back