• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Help - with 2Servers / DNS

GabrielleC

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Latest Linux
So my main server had a hiccup at 2am this morning and went off line so had to quickly update the DNS. And created a backup version

So I went to Godaddy and update the name servers to the new one

Vultr found what the problem was and fixed the issue sounds simple right

Change the DNS Hostnames back to the IP

Well next problem GoDaddy has blocked the IPs from being changed as I have edited to many in a 24 hr period

So I now have DNS NS1 and NS2 with the new IP and NS3 with the Old original

I can’t change any of the IPS for 7 days

So can I set up a secondary server to copy the main older DNS server and run the New server as a temporary secondary … so my question is is it possible and if so How

I’m starting fresh again on the new one so GoDaddy NS1 and NS2

And NS3 which is the correct IP and where currently all the data is based

I can’t really wait a week

I am not sure what you're trying to achieve overall but if you're trying to run a second DNS server for the main older DNS server then Plesk does have an extension called Slave DNS Manager that lets you set up a transfer between plesk and any other DNS server you have configured. You do need to know a thing about DNS to configure it properly.

Back