• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help with cloning live to development, making theme changes and then copying development to live

DanPleskTest

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have successfully used WP Toolkit to clone a live transactional Wordpress/Woocommerce installation to a subdomain to act as a staging site on the same server.

The plan is to make changes to the theme/page builder software to then rebuild the site on a predominantly aesthetic level. Once happy, I would hope to move/copy the subdomain's changes to the live site but retain the newer live site's data.

What is the best way of acheiving this using WP Toolkit?

I know you can be selective in what you can copy from one site to another using WP Toolkit i.e. files/databases/tables. However, if I am working on the staging site, couldn't some changes be made to the database tables meaning I can't literally overwrite the staging site with a final synch of the live MySQL data to then clone the staging installation back over the live site?

Thanks

Dan

Back