• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Help with install Varnish in Obsidian Docker on CentOS 8 and nginx

fd_paz

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I use Plesk Obsidian on CentOS 8 and as webserver I use Nginx only on my VPS.
I would also like to install Varnish on my VPS for Wordpress based websites.

I have installed Varnish, but I can't get it to show up. I get this error:
Code:
"# systemctl restart varnish.
Failed to restart varnish.service: Unit varnish.service has a bad unit file setting.
See system logs and 'systemctl status varnish.service' for details."

I saw that installing with Docker in Plesk Obsidian is much easier and I found a tuturial that unfortunately is old and out of date:

It seems that "million12/varnish" is compatible only with CentOS 7.

I would like to ask if anyone can tell me if there is a tutorial to install Varnish in Docker compatible with Plesk, ContOS 8 and WordPress?

In Docker of Plesk I see that there are several images also the official one of Varnish, but I can't find any documentation or information to install and configure it.

Thanks in advance

Is this tutorial compatible with CentOS 8?
AFAIR, Docker is supported in Plesk Obsidian only for the following operating systems: CentOS 7, RedHat 7, Debian 8, Debian 9, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 18.04.

Do you know if the Plesk developers are planning to add CentOS 8 in the near future or should we change the operating system?
Thanks

I'm a bit confused and can't find the right answer on the net.
I currently have Docker extention installed on CentOS 8 and have also configured Redis and it works fine. So if Redis works, Varnish should also work. Right?
Thanks for a clarifying answer.

@IgorG

Docker supports CentOS 8/RHEL 8 from version 1.4.6.

The documentation section of Plesk Website needs to be updated.

Docker 1.4.6​

19 March 2020
  • The extension can now be installed on CentOS 8/RHEL 8. (EXTDOCKER-98)
  • After being installed on CentOS 8/RHEL 8, Docker Remote Node Management no longer shows an unclear error message. (EXTDOCKER-87)

Back