• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HelpDesk Queues

G

GMSoftware

Can somebody explain the role and possible uses of the helpdesk queues?

I don't see the interest of having multiple queues. When submitting a ticket, the client cannot choose the queue. I therefore assume that the ticket goes automatically to the default queue. So what is the interest of queues?

Thanks

Gilles

As you can see, I asked the question back in September 2004. We are now in February 2005. And so far, no response whatsoever. Another great example of the more than poor support from the folks at SW Software. Incredible!

I think it might be to do with semantics.

There are a number of uses for queues. For example, if you have more than one technical support person, you could have one queue per tech support admin.

Alternatively, you could use them to prioritise your tickets in a way YOU want (irrespective of how the client has rated it).

Or....whatever you want. You could also ignore them, which is what we do (i.e. we only have one queue).

Faris.

Originally posted by GMSoftware
As you can see, I asked the question back in September 2004. We are now in February 2005. And so far, no response whatsoever. Another great example of the more than poor support from the folks at SW Software. Incredible!

Plesk people do not write in this forum, well jaytee did some times ago. But plesk had to have 2 people write this forum every day, whit all the faq in here.(in windows sektion alone) And thay do not make any money on this.
So you have to pay for support 1year a 299usd.

My question is why I have to pay support to report bugs and plesk problems?

As far as I know plesk is not free and then it sould work and they should give some kind of free support.

Have you see Helm support? Take a look to them forums.
http://forums.webhostautomation.com/

Best Regards.

Ruben.

Do you use RedHat Linux ? If you do then think of Plesk support as working on the same sort of model.

You buy the software, but you then have a choice of support options. You either pay for no support at £0.00. Or you pay for email support. or you pay for phone support. The option is yours. In this way, those who don't require support don't have to pay for it. those who occasionally need support (like me) pay a little for it. and those who need a lot of support, pay a bit more.

Alternatively, you'll find plenty of help with all sorts of things on these forums. I could not do without them. I've learned so much from some very helpful people.

You do not have to pay for reporting bugs. You can send bugreports to (I think) [email protected] (or is is @sw-soft.com?).

And within your first year of purchasing plesk, you are entitled to free software updates. after that you must pay for an update contract (SUS), or pay an upgrade fee.

All this assumes you purchased your software from sw-soft directly. If you purchased from a dealer then they may have different policies.

All this is perfectly reasonable, perfectly normal and similar to the policies used by many other software vendors.

Sure, I'd prefer everything to be free in a way. But I chose Plesk over the totally free alternatives for good reasons, and as a result I have to pay for certain things, which to my mind is perfectly reasonable.

Faris.

Actually this is operating a false economy. Most support to Plesk is probably during the first setup during which time they offer 30 days email support. Customers like me who are actively browsing here cant find what they are looking for and then email support so support deal with the same query time and time again.

Some kind of decent knowledgebase would be a good idea.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I've found that the serious problems people tend to encounter differ according to which OS they have, which version of MysQL and PHP, and which version they are upgrading from and to. I can see a knowledgebase getting very very very confusing.

But yes, people do ask the same question over and over. I'll bet the plesk support guys get very annoyed. But even if there was a knowledgebase that covered them, a large proportion of users would not bother looking at them. For example, I run an ISP (dial-up and ADSL internet access) as well as hosting facilities. Our support pages have what I think is the most comprehensive list of problem solving details in one place anywhere on the internet. They are not perfect, and don't cover EVERYTHING, and could be formatted better (and have pictures). But the questions we get asked most frequently are covered in great detail right at the top of the page. Yet we still get people phoning/emailing asking these questions.

Faris.

Back