• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Hide Web Users

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Somehow I am unable to hide the Web User option from the domain interface on some of my servers. Strangely enough on some other servers I have no problem hiding the Web User option. So I am wondering if I am missing something perhaps?

What I do is:
Service Plan > Resources > +Show more resources > set Web Users = 0

Do I have to do anything else to hide Web Users?

I checked on my domain subscription. I saw first that the Web User icon was present. Then I clicked on Customize, and changed the Web User resource from unlimited to 0 and clicked Apply button. After that, the icon in the subscription disappeared.

If you do this through a service plan, then the subscription must be synchronized with this changed service plan.

@IgorG thats what I thought too.

However when I run plesk bin service_plan -i "Unlimited" | grep "Web users" it returns Web users 0. If run plesk bin subscription --sync-subscription mydomain.com afterwards to sync the subscription the Web Users icon is still visible in the UI after syncing. Do I need to change some other settings as well?

Check to see if the subscription is locked which would prevent syncing (syncing would still be successful for other plans).

Good suggestion. Unfortunately that did not solve the issue (the subscription wasnt locked).

Support helped me sort this out. For future reference I am posting the solution here. The solution was actually quite straight forward. When using the Overuse Policy for a service plan the Resources settings are ignored.

Back