• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question High traffic config advise

Jose Pontvianne

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Plesk 12.5 / Apache 2.4 / Debian 8
Virtual Server: 4G RAM / 1 processor 2 cores
Nginx for static content.
It's a custom wordpress site, very well optimized (<180 ms generating a page) with many photos in each post.
Mid/High load: 250 users by minute

Any advise for best performance/#simulaneous_clients with "MaxRequestWorkers", "StartServers", etc

Thank you very much.

Just a thought: 250 users/min = 15.000/hour = 360.000/day. Let's assume that each user only opens two pages. A page can contain maybe five small graphics. This means that the server has to deliver 3.6 million files a day? Are you sure that a virtual server is a good platform for your website? Or didn't I understand the post right?

Just a thought: 250 users/min = 15.000/hour = 360.000/day. Let's assume that each user only opens two pages. A page can contain maybe five small graphics. This means that the server has to deliver 3.6 million files a day? Are you sure that a virtual server is a good platform for your website? Or didn't I understand the post right?

my mistake! it's 25 users/min!!!!

Thanks

25 users a minute with you saying that your website shows many photos is still a lot of load. If you want to stay on a virtual host,
- upgrade to Plesk Onyx, because then you can do Nginx-only hosting
- switch to Nginx-only in combination with PHP 7.1 FPM Nginx
It will greatly increase performance.

Jose, a few other areas to consider:

Make sure your MySQL setup has enough resources to cache query results. Make sure nginix is configured for browser caching of images. You might also consider using a free-level CDN service like Cloudflare.

Back