1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Hob to block IP address from Server

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Toepes, May 15, 2006.

1. Toepes

Toepes Guest

HI,

Can anyone tell me how to block an IP address from the server. I was hacked 2 weeks ago and that IP address is still trying to get in every night.

I made an abuse notification but that providers doesn't react.

2. Skeeter

Skeeter Guest

Hello, Toepes

The most efficient solution is to use firewall.
    You can use a hardware firewall, this should be solved with your network administrator.

Or, you can use Windws Firewall, which is also configurable through Plesk (Plesk -> Server -> IP addresses -> Firewall)

If you want to block the IP address for some specific services, you need to check the blacklist settings.

3. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Skeeter
    you should know that Windows firewall is not able to block dedicated port on dedicated IP

Toepes
    you may configure IPSec settings like firewall to block dedicated IP

4. Skeeter

Skeeter Guest

I meant blacklist settings for services (Mailserver settings, IIS settings, etc)