• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde ActiveSync Issues

Lloyd_mcse

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange issue with Horde ActiveSync on...

Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Plesk 12.0.18 #1 to #4
Postfix
Dovecot

I only set it up on this server around 12.0.16, and it was fine, now however when I add an account in Outlook 2013 it will be fine for 12 to 24 hours and then Apache CPU usages goes through the roof around 50% and overall CPU usage is 94%.
Outlook just sits there saying "waiting for server response" and can't update the folders.

I thought it was Apache, but I have the same settings on my business server which has no problems at all. (Plesk 11.5.30 #47, Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS).

The last line in the psa-horde.log is

2014-06-13T10:36:39+01:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Max memory usage: 24117248 bytes [pid 3549 on line 598 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

The PHP Memory Limit settings for Horde are 128MB, I have also set it to 128MB on my eas domain.

If anyone has any thoughts let me know.
Thanks in advance for any help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Last edited:
Now I'm getting Health Monitor email here's a "Yellow to Red" email..

View attachment hm_email.txt

The only other thing is there is a red warning "Permission Denied" when I open Calendar in Horde, I doubt it's related.

Anyone else got Horde ActiveSync working on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS and Plesk 12.0.18 #5 or 6?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kind regards

Lloyd

Ah yes, thanks I used this as a guide for my Aliases and redirects and to help debug this issue.

So far I've got/tried..

Timeout: 3000/3700/2700 (2700 is what was set as default on my working ActiveSync Server)
Max IP's: 120
Fcgid Max request 512Mb (doubt it's the issue as it's 128MB on my working ActiveSync server)

Nothing on it's own or combined works/stops the server failing after 12 to 24 hours.

I'm going to look into this calendar issue and see if that's causing it.

I'll post back in 24 hours - it's a pain having to wait a day for the symptoms to manifest lol

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Lloyd

Right, I managed to find and fix the Calendar permission issue, when I disabled Calendar Shares it left mine in place and ticked, I un-ticked it but can't delete it.
Now when I open the calendar there are no errors.

Now after 24 hours the server CPU usage is fine but I now get this error from Outlook 2013..

File: outlook\pstprx\storeas\utils\airsyncstatuscodes.h
Line: 226
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
SyncStatus: 403
To re-try press F9...
Error Code: 0x80004005

I don't know, I guess I'll delete the mail account and re-create it see if that helps.
I'll post back soon.

Ah! Finally some meaningful info in the logs.

It looks like COMODO WAF rules..

Code:
/etc/apache2/modsecurity.d/rules/comodo/cwaf_06.conf"] [line "19"] [id "230000"] [msg "COMODO WAF: Brute Force Attack Identified
And
Code:
/etc/apache2/modsecurity.d/rules/comodo/cwaf_06.conf"] [line "80"] [id "230007"] [msg "COMODO WAF: Potential Brute Force Attack Identified

So I set it to ignore these rules on the eas.domain.tld and autodiscover.domain.tld domains and set it back to detection again, so lets see how we get on now.

Fingers crossed!

Grrr, lol

Nope, still crashed after 24 hours.

I've completely removed WAF now, lets see how this goes.

I ended up trying to reinstall Horde, with no luck.
Then removed Horde and dropped the database and then installed again.
So far that seems to have fixed the issue.

Back