• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Horde ActiveSync

Janef

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am struggling to get ActiveSync to work with horde. I followed http://www.stiftnet.de/activesync-mit-horde-einsetzen/ and read the threads here in the forum. My problem however seems to be different.

I installed Horde 5.2.6 on my Plesk 12.5.30 Server running CentOS 6.7. I got a valid SSL Certificate for my Domain, configured the redirects and get a "Trying to access the ActiveSync endpoint from a browser. Not Supported." Which I assumes to be right.
I can logon to webmail without any problem.

Trying to configure an Android-phone, I receive an error message saying, that the connection is not possible.

I checked the error logs and found:

2016-07-13T16:58:58+00:00 NOTICE: HORDE [imp] Login success for [email protected] (XX.XXX.X.XXX) to {imap://localhost/} [pid 14301 on line 157 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth.php"]

followed by:
2016-07-13T16:58:59+00:00 ERR: HORDE Returning HTTP 500 while handling FolderSync command. Error is: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'device_user' cannot be null [pid 14300 on line 158 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php"]
2016-07-13T16:58:59+00:00 ERR: HORDE Error in communicating with ActiveSync server: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'device_user' cannot be null [pid 14300 on line 165 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Rpc/ActiveSync.php"]
2016-07-13T16:58:59+00:00 ERR: HORDE #0 /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/ActiveSync/Device.php(362): Horde_ActiveSync_State_Sql->setDeviceInfo(Object(Horde_ActiveSync_Device), Array)
#1 /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/ActiveSync.php(901): Horde_ActiveSync_Device->save()
#2 /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/ActiveSync.php(752): Horde_ActiveSync->_handleDevice('ANDROIDC2131528...')
#3 /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Rpc/ActiveSync.php(143): Horde_ActiveSync->handleRequest('FolderSync', 'androidc2131528...')
#4 /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php(158): Horde_Rpc_ActiveSync->getResponse(NULL)
#5 {main} [pid 14300 on line 165 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Rpc/ActiveSync.php"]
2016-07-13T16:58:59+00:00 ERR: HORDE Buffer contents: [pid 14300 on line 165 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Rpc/ActiveSync.php"]

Thank you for your answer. I checked the thread before posting. From my understanding the threadstarter had the problem that the rcp.php file was interpreted as php. In my case this seems to work since I am receiving error messages from the php file. I followed the instructions in the thread and ensured that PHP is running as FastCGI. The only thing I can not find is the Apache prefork setting.

The only thing I can not find is the Apache prefork setting

Browse to...

Plesk > Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server

Make sure prefork is selected, and you have php ticked.

I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

I reinstalled Horde and got ActiveSync up and sucessfully connecting to MS Outlook.

If I try to sync with an android device it works for a second and then goes into an infinite update loop. I found that it might be due to the provision setting. Under Permissions I added Horde->Marked Show and Read-->Added ActiveSync->Ticked the Checkbox-->Added Provisioning->Selected "Enabled"

I removed all connected Devices and removed the Account on the android device. Then readded it but I am not asked for the permissions (Android does for other Exchange Servers) and the device is listed as "Not Provisioned". From reading the docs I though setting it to "Enabled" would either enforce Provisioning or deny the connection.

Back