• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Question Horde and Roundcube

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #1
Hello,
I've installed Plesk on a server with Debian 12 following these instructions ;

I've found that Roundcube was installed by default instead of Horde.

Searching to know more about the different webmails I've found this page ;

On it, it's mentioned that "Plesk backups do not include backups of the Roundcube database.". Is it still accurate ? If it is, why installing by default Roundcube instead of Horde ?

Thank you

As far as I remember, Horde had security issues repeatedly and didn't fix them for months in many cases, so Plesk decided to not install it by default any longer.

The Roundcube database is not backed up. What you could do is to run a cron an dump it to a web directory, then backup that website directory just as others, so that you have a daily Roundcube database backup, too.

Back