• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde - Blank Page E-Mails

tupeu

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i updated from 9.3.0 to 9.5.1 and so far i see only one problem: emails dont open, i see only blank pages!

I can login to my Horde and i can see the emails i have but when i click to open any email it just displays a blank page

I use Postfix.

For some emails if i reload the page a few time it displays them but most of them dont show

Ex: http://webmail.site.com/imp/message.php?mailbox=INBOX&index=6002 is black page

Last edited:
I have same Problem by Horde. Plesk was from 9.3 to 9.5.1 updated (run on Ubuntu 8.04).
File var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log is empty.

Same result. Logout not worked too.
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --disable --name=horde
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --enable --name=horde
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

sometimes javascript error in sidebar.php "syntax error},\n" line 54

function toggleMenuFrame() {
if (!$('expandedSidebar').visible()) {
if (window.NFopen && !window.article)
NFgetList();
}
return HordeSidebar.toggleMenuFrame();
}, <<<----------- here is Error

function createCookie(name,value,days) {
if (days) {
var date = new Date();
date.setTime(date.getTime()+(days*24*60*60*1000));
var expires = "; expires="+date.toGMTString();
}
else var expires = "";
document.cookie = name+"="+value+expires+"; path=/";
}

I did enable/disable Horde but still the same problem, white page when trying to see an email

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --disable --name=horde
service httpd restart
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --enable --name=horde
service httpd restart

Also my /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log is empty !

Try to reinstall horde.
You can remove all horde related packages with something like

rpm -e --nodeps psa-horde psa-imp psa-kronolith psa-mnemo psa-turba psa-ingo psa-mimp

Then run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller and select horde webmail in menu there for installation.

Its worked. But not so easy. On Ubuntu 8.04:
1. Please make Backup of /etc/psa-webmail/horde
2. dpkg --purge --force-depends psa-horde psa-imp psa-kronolith psa-mnemo psa-turba psa-ingo psa-mimp
3. delete /etc/psa-webmail/horde/*
4. install Horde with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
5. copy .horde.shadow from backup to /etc/psa-webmail/horde/

Details

Can you please, give us a more detailed fix? I have the same problem.

i tried:
took a backup of horde folders
rpm -e --nodeps psa-horde psa-imp psa-kronolith psa-mnemo psa-turba psa-ingo psa-mimp
deleted /etc/psa-webmail/horde/*
installed again horde with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
copied horde.shadow to /etc/psa-webmail/horde/
reboot the server

i have the same problem...

I have the same issue running on Centos 4.5, here is a snip from the logs :

Apr 24 08:29:20 HORDE [error] [turba] DB Error: no such field: SELECT object_id, owner_id, object_type, object_members, object_uid, object_firstname, object_lastname, object_middlenames, object_nameprefix, object_namesuffix, object_alias, object_bday, object_homestreet, object_homepob, object_homecity, object_homeprovince, object_homepostalcode, object_homecountry, object_workstreet, object_workpob, object_workcity, object_workprovince, object_workpostalcode, object_workcountry, object_tz, object_email, object_homephone, object_workphone, object_cellphone, object_fax, object_pager, object_title, object_role, object_company, object_category, object_notes, object_url, object_freebusyurl, object_pgppublickey, object_smimepublickey FROM turba_objects WHERE (object_type = 'Group' AND owner_id = 'xxxxxxxxxx') [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'object_firstname' in 'field list'] [pid 4047 on line 79 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/turba/lib/base.php"]

To be able to use webmail I had to delete current psa-turba rpm and install the one from 9.3.1 but Horde is not displaying correctly.

Last edited:
This may not be a Horde problem...

I have the same issue, with my system generating dozens (hundreds) of blank messages. Because I primarily use Thunderbird instead of Horde, so the problem manifests differently for me. But it appears to be the same problem.

My system is CentOS 5, the problem started showing up when I moved from Plesk 9.3 to 9.5.1 and started happening almost immediately when I went to Postfix.

Maybe this will help point us in the right direction.

Exactly the same issue...

I've tried the following:

- completely removed Horde
- completely erase all Horde tables / database
- did a complete reinstall from Plesk
* same issues

- completely removed Horde
- completely erase all Horde tables / database
- did a complete reinstall from autoinstaller
* same issues

Check the log files, and there is now nothing in the log....

Before I had received varying issues from missing objects.name to table not found horde.datatree.

I've installed from Plesk, manually installed via rpm, removed manually via rpm, yum etc......

To no avail...

psa-horde-3.3.6-fc7.build95100409.18
psa-turba-2.3.3-fc7.build95100409.18
psa-kronolith-2.3.3-fc7.build95100409.18
etc

More on the blank emails...

I have noticed that the emails seem to be generated in pairs. Again, this seems to indicate that the problem happens AFTER upgrading to Plesk 9.5.1 and that while it is evident in Horde, it may be a larger issue.

The emails also seemed to be spaced 30 minutes apart, but may skip as much as three hours before coming back in pairs and repeating in about 30 minutes.

I think the issue may be with PHP.. My logs are giving me a :
zend_mm_heap corrupted
zend_mm_heap corrupted
zend_mm_heap corrupted
zend_mm_heap corrupted
zend_mm_heap corrupted

each time I try to VIEW a message that simply gives a blank page or a error.

When the message does actually come up.. (about 20% of the time) I do not see this error at all.
Could Zend not be compatible with Horde/Imp.. or is the PHP - Zend not working properly??

I too also get the sidebar.php error often now in Webmail.. multiple pages.. not just when trying to view messages.

Ron

Hello,

On my Centos 4 I have fixed the issue by doing the following :

rpm -e --nodeps psa-turba-2.3.3-cos4.build95100409.18
rpm -ivh /root/parallels/PSA_9.3.0/dist-rpm-CentOS-4.2-i386/opt/horde/psa-turba-2.1.7-cos4.build93091230.07.noarch.rpm

Runned again /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

It will remove turba2.1.7 and reinstall (possible patched) version of turba 2.3.3

Cleared my browser cache and it worked perfectly.

That has improved the situation by doing your removing of Turba and installing the older one.. then having autoinstaller upgrade it.. but I still get page can not be displayed on some of the emails. most are working now however.

Logs aren't really giving me much to go on.. Same errors as higher up in the thread.

Solution: zend_mm_heap corrupted error horde Plesk upgrade to 9.5.1

Hi,

I was getting same "zend_mm_heap corrupted" error on my Fedora Core 8 Plesk 9.5.1 installation in /var/log/httpd/error_log whenever I tried to open any email like everyone else in this thread.

PROBLEM
---------

After some investigation, I found that Horde has changed its database structure for horde version 3.3.6 (included in Plesk 9.5.1). This database structure change involves running a few scripts which frankly speaking I could not get to work! Without these database structure modifications, Horde 3.3.6 will crash and produce the zend_mm_heap errors.

In simple words those of us who use the Plesk Updater to upgrade to Plesk 9.5.1 ran into these Horde email issue because Plesk Updater does not automatically upgrade Horde database structure! As a result when Horde 3.3.6 is accessed, it crashed because of database incompatibility. Simply installing older version of turba is not going to work because Horde 3.3.6 will still look for fields available only in new database structure!

SOLUTION
----------

1. Uninstall Horde 3.3.6 (that came with Plesk 9.5.1)
2. Download Plesk 9.3.0 distribution from Plesk website. This version of Plesk control panel includes Horde version 3.1.7 (it works with older Horde database).
3. Uncompress Plesk 9.3.0 tar in a temporary installation folder e.g. /root/parallels/PSA_9.3.0
4. Install Horde 3.1.7 from /root/parallels/PSA_9.3.0/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-8-i386/opt/horde

After this Horde will works just fine... I understand it is older version of Horde but at least it works and none of my customers have reported any problems.

Btw, I am not good at writing instructions so if anyone out there decides to follow this solution, please write step by step instructions and post it in this thread for the benefit of others.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

Faisal Alvi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem here with Plesk 9.5.2 at Ubuntu 8.04 with some emails. Most emails show up perfectly in Horde.

Back