• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde mail on server

K

kragor

I am fairly new to this and I am trying to get something fixed. We have 100 sites on our godaddy dedicated, GeneralCPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Version psa v7.5.4_build75050926.17 os_FedoraCore 2
OS Linux 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp

The first sites we placed on the server were the ones that had a company mailbox being forwarded to a personal one. These should have been the easiest to set up and we did not have to caontact anyone about changing any settings. Here is my problem. We like to give our customers access to webmail if they need it so Horde needs to be alive on this server but when horde forwards a message it keeps the copy on the server as well. So if the customer does not use horde they end up with a full email box and messages end up being bounced until they tell me. If it gets forwarded I need it to remove it from the server. My customers do not want to go in and manually remove mail that they have already seen. Is there a setting or script that will do this in plesk/hrde/linux

Any help/solutions would be greatly appreciated. I have used a lot of the ideas on this forum to make my box better and thank everyone for their input

Are you speaking of redirecting email or is the user manually forwarding individual messages? If the address is setup as a redirect, simply click on the Mailbox icon and uncheck Mailbox.

Domains> domain.com> Mail> User> Mailbox

Then all mail will be forwarded and not saved on the server.

However, if they read a message and forward it to a friend, it will leave a copy in the "Sent" folder. If memory serves me correctly (I don't use the webmail feature much) there's a box that's checked by default for saving a message sent on the "Compose" view.

But then, everybody has to clean out their "Sent" and "Deleted" folders in Outlook, Thunderbird or any other email client.

These are redirects not forwards, sorry for the poor choice of words. I am testing it now thanks

Back