• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HORDE Memory allocation error with large attachments...

W

winddancer

Hi all,

I think this issue has been discussed here and on several of the other forums in one form or the other.

However I still want to point out that this is a serious problem for people using horde webmail as a working environment.

I raised the PHP upload and post limit to 20 MB to allow emails with attachments of this size via horde.

However as soon as I try to send 6MB or more, PHP tries to allocate enormous ammounts of memory. I even set the memory limit of php to 128 MB (which I have to reduce later on anyway).

I only get this error msg in the apache error log.

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35944245 bytes) in /usr/share/psa-horde/pear/Net/SMTP.php on line 759,

I had a look at the stated line. And there's some form of search & replace with new lines. I didn't investigate it further ('cause it's part of the pear package), but it may very well be that this search is also done on the attachments. However I still don't get why search and replace on a 12 MB Attachement would require more then 128 MB memory limit!!!

@SWSOFT I really would like to see this fixed or at least get some kind of hotfix for this!!!

btw. I only have this problem on all of my new plesk 8.1 hosts. 2 7.5 Plesk servers run pretty fine with 64 MB Limit and up to 20 MB attachment size!

Kind regards

Sven

Create a PHP file with the following
PHP:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Find the line where it lists the max memory allocated for PHP. If it's not 128M you either didn't edit the right file or restart Apache.

I run with 32M and I haven't had any problems so far.

hehe thanks for the reply, but I am running 192 MB Mem Limit and it isn't working.

Does SW Soft even read this forums?

kind regards

Sven

Heho,
is this problem fixed in 8.2. ??
We have some big trouble here with this...

Thanks and regards

P.S. Does SW Soft even read this forums?
They should... There are so many bugs in Plesk... :(

Obviously they don't...

Well, anyway I would love to upgrade to 8.2. Can anybody confirm whether this has been fixed or not?

Back