• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde webmail not working correctly

R

RobertS

When users login into IMAP webmail (horde) then a strange thing happens.

The webmail reports that the are mails but the user can nowhere read this mail.
The maps are not listed, also selfmade new maps are not shown on the main screen. (they are listed in the upper right pulldown menu)

When the user logs in using the POP3 login function (using pulldown menu at webmail login of horde) he can read the mails normally, but now custom maos are not available.

I am running MERAK mail server 8.0.3, so the needed imap function is supported and working.

Log files give no error.

When I enable and use the buildin merak webmail function then this problem is not present, but the merak webmail has a major disadvantage in comparison with horde webmail.
Horde ues IIS as web deamon, therefore users can login on the default port 80 as a subdomain which almost every firewall let pass without any problem.

Merak webmail uses its own web deamon which must be run on a port not used by Plesk or IIS, many firewalls (which run on client side) block non default ports which results that the merak webmail function often cannot be visited by users which are behind firewalls.
This problem is not present when using the default webmail Horde!

Does anyone know how I can get Horde webmail to work with Merak 8.0.3?
(or a solution to get merak webmail to run on port 80)

I recommend you use merak webmail because it is more integrated with Merak that Horde. But you should not run the merak webmail on 80 port because this port is used by IIS. You should use another port.

That is my problem!
An other port is just not an option!

My customers are behind a firewall, only default ports such as 80 etc are "safe" to pass through. My customers cannot or may not modify the firewall settings for security issues!

So if the webmail runs on a different port as 80 then they cannot connect!
Horde runs on port 80 because it is a intigrated part of Plesk and it uses the plesk (IIS) web deamon which runs on port 80. This results that horde can normally accessed by any user if he has a Internet connection regarding his firewall settings. This is not posssible with the merak webmail client.

Therefore I ask again:
How do I get Horde to work with merak or how do I get the merak webmail to run on port 80?

Back