• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Host name to grant FTP access

calu

Basic Pleskian
Hi there, I want to grant FTP access to a developer, and I have created a FTP account for the developer.
But I can't find the host name?
I have tried the full hostname, but he is not able to access.

Where in Plesk can I find the host name to grant FTP access trough eg. FileZilla?

Thanks

The full hostname (e.g server.host.dk) or simply any domain (example.com) hosted on your server should work. If that doesn't work look at the FTP error to find the reason the connection fails.

Thanks for your reply

The FTP is stuck on this

Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connecting to [2606:4700:964d:bec9:aa0c:0:3fed:2c83]:21...

Is CloudFlare proxy enabled for the domain you're using to connect? If so, try to disable CloudFlare proxy or use another domain on which CloudFlare proxy isn't enabled. Alternatively, you could also use the IP address of your server to connect to.

Hi Kaspar, thank a lot, you were right, it was CloudFlare proxy causing the issue, disabled CloudFlare on site and voilá.

Regards
Carsten

You just have to disable the CloudFlare Proxied setting and select DNS Only for ftp in their DNS panel, if that's what you're using. Or just make the FTP connection to a domain via its IP number.

Peace,
Gene

Back