• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hosting the real site and a test site on the same server

Sal Quintanilla

New Pleskian
I'm trying to set up an independent test site adjacent to our real site. "independent" means its own httpdocs files at its own root, and its own database (different name from the real database, same MySQL server instance).

I'm not sure how to accomplish this through Plesk. I'd like to not register a new domain name for the test site, and thought maybe I could set up

but it's not quite obvious how to do that, if it's possible. The subdomain interface seemed like it might work, but I'm still too new to Plesk to understand it, despite a few hours of reading / testing so far.

Another possibility... can Plesk for Windows (v12.0.18) run with WAMP, which will be setup to use port 8080? I tried to set up a test machine with the trial version of Plesk, but it didn't like 64 bit Windows 8 for some reason (maybe it's a user management thing, I'm trying with Server 2012 now).

Is what I'm after possible, whether it's with a custom port number or some other way?

Thanks for reading.
Sal

Last edited:
Somehow I got it working yesterday. I'm not exactly sure which of the things I tried did the trick, but I'm sure the pros on here do.

Today, the php scripts that were working yesterday are returning "500 - Internal Server Error"s today. I made a simple phpinfo() file to test with, and it seems like it's an execution permission problem.

How do I set the permissions correctly within Plesk to allow .php execution? I found the permissions interface in the file manager and tried making some changes, but apparently I don't understand something since I can't make it work.

Back