• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Hotlinking protection and Woocommerce transactional mails

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Almost a year ago I posted this: Input - Making hotlink optional in Wordpress websites

TL;DR: If hotlinking protection (which is highly recommended by the toolkit) is enabled, then Woocommerce's transactional emails won't show the store logo when viewed by the customer.

So today I was wondering if this specific use case was fixed (if that was possible at all) in any updates since then. I mean, it would be nice to have hotlinking enabled without causing issues to the store logo in emails. To this day I am not enabling this on my sites so it won't cause any problems but due to this problem I can't make Plesk fix all security issues in all sites at once, I have to manually apply security settings on each site individually so it won't turn on the hotlinking protection.

My suggestion for this is to display a checkbox somewhere to make hotlinking optional, that way we could fix security issues for all sites in one click without turning on hotlinking protection.

Hey @Denis Gomes Franco,

It seems that putting hotlink protection to the list of security measures was an oversight on our part. We're planning to move this option out of security measure list to make sure nobody else is confused by its presence there. We might add some configuration options for this feature in the future, too. Hope this helps.

Hey @custer , hotlinking protection in itself is good, but it causes the problem I mentioned before, so moving it out or making it completely optional would be great, thanks.

Hey @Denis Gomes Franco, you might have seen that we've moved out Hotlink protection from Security screen to the Tools area in WPT 5.6 release. Moreover, in the latest WPT 5.7 update released yesterday we've also added some customization options. Let us know if you have any feedback on that.

Back