• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I know if Plesk Backup copies MySQL db's?

supra2800@

Basic Pleskian
After having spent the past 12 hours, ,reinstalling windows and plesk due to that worm which came in trough mailenable or something (http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41317), then I did a restore of my 24 hours old Plesk Backup data file.

However, NONE of my MySQL databases were copied. I had to copy them from my old Plesk directory, and I lost 2 tables somehow, which I'm now unable to read.

So my question is, how can I know for sure that the Plesk Backup tool actually DOES backup the MySQL databases, cause it seems like the Plesk Backup tool that came with 7.6.1 did NOT.

I am now running Plesk 8.1.

... or is it possible to manually make a copy of this folder, so that it is valid for "restoring", should it ever become necessary? E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\Data

Hello,

I will provide you answers for your question.

There are 2 utilitis (applications) which you can use for backup.

The first one is Plesk Backup , which you can find it inside program files > swsoft > plesk backup

this util is also making mysqldump , this means that this utill will backup mysql databases.

there is another method for backup.
you can find it under the following path.
inside Plesk CP (you need to login as "admin" user)
click on server > backup

this backup feature depands on acronis backup application which comes together with Plesk Control Panel.

you need to understand that Plesk is coming with 2 backup applications.

The last one which depands on acronis can backup only close files.
This means that it can backup also mysql databases.
But pay attension that when you use the second method for backup then you set hard drive logical path and then acronis will backup every thing that reside inside that hard drive logical path (for e.g. C:\ or D:\ and etc... )

one more thing , for your question , how can you insure that the first backup method is also backup mysql databases , the first method for backup is using ZIP archive , this means that you can take the backup file which you have created by Plesk Backup utill (which locate under the following path : program files > swsoft > plesk backup ) and open the file with winzip or any other unzip appliction.
after you will unzip the backup file then you will be able to see if mysql databases realy exist inside the backup file.

hope that you figure out what I wrote.

Thank you for your message, igoldman.

I didn't know it was possible to open the .psa file with winrar/winzip.

I tried that now, and there is NO traces of ANY databases at all !!!

Why the h*ll doesn't Plesk Backup, backup my databases, when I tick the "Backup databases"-field, in Plesk Backup tool?

Do you have any suggestions, or maybe a fix?

Thank you.

By the way, regarding that other backup method, the only thing I have inside my Plesk CP under "Server", is: Acronis True Image
- but it's grayed out, with the message: "Acronis True image is not available because its license key is missing or has expired"

Back