• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How can I populate my database in Plesk?

clayshannon

New Pleskian
Note: I asked this question on Stack Overflow, too, here.

I cannot find much in the way of written instructions on how to copy my database to Plesk.

This tutorial page simply says, "To create a database and a database user: Go to Databases > Add Database."

And then it shows a screenshot which does not match what I have; specifically, it shows an "Import Dump" button which I do not have:

SimplisticDBInstructions.png

This is what I see:

noImportDumpButton.png

(as you can see, I have no "Import Dump" button).

I zipped a .bak file of my database contents and uploaded it to the File Manager's Files section:

_ZippedDBBackupInFileManagerHomeDir.png

...but how do I move it from there to the Database area, and what do I then do to populate my tables with the contents of the .bak file?

Is this something that should be done using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, or from "My Little Admin," or what?

I was able to create the (empty) tables by running a script.sql file I generated from my local database. My Little Admin indicates that the empty tables do exist on the server, for example here is the ACTORS table:

MLA_Actors.png

OTOH, SSMS shows that the database exists, but shows no tables:

MSSMS_VertPano.png

My site (Flix4Fams) is useless without my database. I need to know how to get the data from my .bak file (or however it needs to be done) into the database.

Back