• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How can I renew the E-Mail-certificates/keys: starttls.m4 and sasl.m4

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
How can I renew the E-Mail-certificates/keys: starttls.m4 and sasl.m4 as they contain my <old servername> and I would like to have the <new servername> contained here as well.

/etc/mail/tls/starttls.m4
/etc/mail/sasl/sasl.m4

Those files are not part of the Plesk installation.
Plesk is using /etc/postfix/postfix.pem for Postfix and /etc/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem for Dovecot TLS certificates.

Where did you configure those files? Which service is using those files? Did you create them?

They probably come automaticaly with the installation of ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and reside in the directory as mentioned above. They are shown when using the command
sudo grep -lr "<old hostname>" /etc/*

Well, in that case you can ignore them (or delete them if you're feeling brave). Those files are not in use by Plesk.

Back