• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mail for "Let`s Encrypt certificates for ***** have been issued/renewed" missing?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 Update #2
I get yesterday a mail

Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for ***** (login admin). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following Let`s Encrypt certificates has failed:

** 'Lets Encrypt abc.example.tld' [days to expire: 29] **
[-] abc.example.tld

Could not obtain a replay nonce: Server error: `HEAD https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-nonce` resulted in a `503 Service Temporarily Unavailable` response

I checked this domain today in plesk and browser. Both say "expires on 20. May". Thats not in 29 days. Between yesterday and today, the certificate seems to have been successfully renewed automatically by Plesk itself, but I have not received any mail about this. Will I not be notified about the renewal of a failed attempt? Is here an issue?

The error message mentions that the Let's Encrypt servers were "temporarily unavailable". The renewal was attempted again later, and it was successful. For that reason the new expiration date of the certificate is +3 months (May 20th).

What notifications are sent can be configured in Tools & Settings > Notifications.

"Email" there are only two and both checked and I get this, but not for "attempted later after failed"
1708504601099.png
and for "Plesk-UI"
1708504519834.png
What is that? Four times the same? Thats strange :)

Back