• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How Can I Set Up Email Notifications in Plesk to Alert Me About Issues with the "Locate My Postal Code" Tool?

OusmaneKannon

New Pleskian
I've been using Plesk for a while now to manage my websites, and it's been a great experience overall. Recently, I started using a navigation tool called "Locate my postal code" on my site, which helps users find their postal codes based on their location. It's a pretty handy feature, especially for users who aren't sure about their postal codes when filling out forms or checking out online.

However, I've run into a small issue. Occasionally, the tool seems to malfunction, either due to server issues or connection problems, and I don't always realize there's a problem until users start reporting it. I want to be more proactive about this and set up an email notification system in Plesk that alerts me whenever there's an issue with the "Locate My Postal Code" tool, such as downtime or errors in retrieving data.

I've explored the Plesk interface, and I see there are options for monitoring and notifications, but I'm not entirely sure how to configure them specifically for a tool like "Locate My Postal Code." I would like the system to notify me as soon as the tool encounters any issues, so I can address them quickly and minimize the impact on my users.

Could someone guide me through the process of setting up these email alerts in Plesk? Specifically, I’m looking for advice on how to:

1. Identify the right logs or metrics in Plesk that could indicate a problem with the "Locate My Postal Code" tool.
  2. Configure Plesk to monitor these logs or metrics in real-time.
  3. Set up custom email notifications that are triggered by specific issues related to the tool.
I’d also appreciate any tips on best practices for monitoring third-party tools like this within Plesk, as well as any potential pitfalls to watch out for. I want to make sure that I’m not overwhelmed with unnecessary alerts but still receive timely notifications for genuine issues.

Thanks in advance for any help or insights you can provide!

Back