• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I block an incoming IP address for qmail

madsere

Regular Pleskian
I know I can blacklist email addresses and domain name, but I want to know how I can block an IP or IP-range from Qmail.

badmailfrom only seems to accept domain names.

Does /etc/tcp.smtp work on Plesk?

I prefer not involving iptables.

27 views, no replies, does that mean it can't be done?

In sendmail it's just adding the IP or even part of the IP into /etc/mail/access.

If qmail is to hot it surely must have a way to do this too :)

Originally posted by madsere
I know I can blacklist email addresses and domain name, but I want to know how I can block an IP or IP-range from Qmail.

badmailfrom only seems to accept domain names.

Does /etc/tcp.smtp work on Plesk?

I prefer not involving iptables.
As you are no doubt aware, there are several ways to implement/install Qmail onto a server. Plesk's implementation does not use tcpserver nor the ucspi-tcp package, which is what would be needed for the /etc/tcp.smtp file to be used.

We prefer to block IPs in iptables (block from entire server), or by using mod_security rules.

Well as you may know VE's (Virtuozzo virtual servers) don't like iptables too much, and I need to block a couple of countries who has never produced anything by spam for me - china, korea, taiwan for starters.

As you may also know they rarely use their real .cn, .tw and .kr as the mail sender.

blackholes.org seems to be dead so my only option is to block their ip ranges.

Come on, there must be a way to do this? It's so commonly used on all platforms?!?!

Back