1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I Cluster two Plesk V8.2.1 Linux Servers?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bsitissp001, Nov 2, 2007.

1. bsitissp001

bsitissp001 Guest

Good day to all,

I'm having issues clustering two server with the exact same version of Plesk(8.2.1 - Linux) Can someone please assist me setting it up?

Thx

2. anb_t

anb_t Guest

3. bsitissp001

bsitissp001 Guest

I have that installed but don't know how to setup clustering. Anywhere in the manual that I can read up or thread I can go to?

4. anb_t

anb_t Guest

What do you exactly mean by clustering?

./anb

5. bsitissp001

bsitissp001 Guest

Clustering as in putting down 2 servers, when 1 fails the second server kicks in as backup. In Microsoft terms Primary Controller(PDC) and Backup Controller(BDC) Hope that helps.

6. Ladmin

Ladmin Guest

As far as I know Plesk does not support clustering. Simply backup the data that is it. An you will be on the safe side ;)

7. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Yeah clustering generally involves more than 2 servers, although you can do it with 2 if you have a dedicated SAN on the back end. Otherwise what you're looking for here is a hot-spare. A semi-recent copy of the running system, that can assume the IP's of the primary when it dies.