• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I Cluster two Plesk V8.2.1 Linux Servers?

B

bsitissp001

Good day to all,

I'm having issues clustering two server with the exact same version of Plesk(8.2.1 - Linux) Can someone please assist me setting it up?

Thx

I have that installed but don't know how to setup clustering. Anywhere in the manual that I can read up or thread I can go to?

Originally posted by bsitissp001
I have that installed but don't know how to setup clustering. Anywhere in the manual that I can read up or thread I can go to?

What do you exactly mean by clustering?

./anb

Clustering as in putting down 2 servers, when 1 fails the second server kicks in as backup. In Microsoft terms Primary Controller(PDC) and Backup Controller(BDC) Hope that helps.

As far as I know Plesk does not support clustering. Simply backup the data that is it. An you will be on the safe side ;)

Yeah clustering generally involves more than 2 servers, although you can do it with 2 if you have a dedicated SAN on the back end. Otherwise what you're looking for here is a hot-spare. A semi-recent copy of the running system, that can assume the IP's of the primary when it dies.

Back