• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how do i configure apache to listen on multiple ports?

S

sapphire

I want to set up multiple virtual hosts which use SSL. Due to the nature of the SSL protocol, it is impossible to do this unless each virtual host is either on a different IP address or different port. The cheaper option is of course a different port.

I was able to manually configure apache to do exactly this. I edited the main httpd.conf file and added a virtual host directive at the bottom, which started like this:
<VirtualHost 209.126.23.41:1337>
This works great, the only problem is that my hosting provider said "That is not supported. You need to configure these settings via your Plesk control panel." Is there any way to do this in Plesk? It seems to me that Plesk is great for configuring normal virtual hosts and such, but is very limited when you want to do more advanced configurations.

I am having this exact same problem.

I want to edit the main conf file, I suppose I could always back it up and diff it after any updates, but man, that is a bit uncalled for...

How do we make our own apache stuff using plesk?

Is vhost.conf all we got?

Back