• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I configure SpamAssassin via CLI

S

Swakoo

Is it possible to configure the spamassasin via CLI, as I didn't purchase the PLESK control panel for it?

As i know, plesk keep configurations on database
in sa_conf tables, u can add email address there

INSERT INTO sa_conf (mailname,flt_enabled,rw_subject_tag,hits_required,spam_action) VALUES ('[email protected]','both','*****SPAM*****','5','save'),
('[email protected]','both','*****SPAM*****','5','save')

and dont forget to put/modify .qmail file on
/var/qmail/mailnames/yourdomain/mymail/ .qmail
before:
| true
./Maildir/
after:
| if [ -z "$SA" ]; then export SA=1; /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc -f -u [email protected] -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock > spamcheck$$; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local "$USER" "$HOME" "$LOCAL" "" "" "$HOST" "$SENDER" "$DEFAULT" < spamcheck$$; retval=$?; rm -f spamcheck$$; [ $retval = 0 ] && exit 99; exit $retval; fi # ACCEPT UCE
| true
./Maildir/

and make sure /etc/init.d/psa-spamassassin is start

Hope this help you

Schatje
# I have bash script to modify .qmail files

The .qmail files are useful only if you allow pre user settings. If you haven't purchased Plesk's version you need not worry so much about that. And you wouldn't have psa-spamassassin.

The proper way to configure Spamassassin is to edit the local.cf file. You can also add rulesets to your install. Read more here:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/

Originally posted by schatje
As i know, plesk keep configurations on database
in sa_conf tables, u can add email address there

INSERT INTO sa_conf (mailname,flt_enabled,rw_subject_tag,hits_required,spam_action) VALUES ('[email protected]','both','*****SPAM*****','5','save'),
('[email protected]','both','*****SPAM*****','5','save')

and dont forget to put/modify .qmail file on
/var/qmail/mailnames/yourdomain/mymail/ .qmail
before:
| true
./Maildir/
after:
| if [ -z "$SA" ]; then export SA=1; /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc -f -u [email protected] -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock > spamcheck$$; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local "$USER" "$HOME" "$LOCAL" "" "" "$HOST" "$SENDER" "$DEFAULT" < spamcheck$$; retval=$?; rm -f spamcheck$$; [ $retval = 0 ] && exit 99; exit $retval; fi # ACCEPT UCE
| true
./Maildir/

and make sure /etc/init.d/psa-spamassassin is start

Hope this help you

Schatje
# I have bash script to modify .qmail files

The mysql root access will be the same as my Plesk login?

Originally posted by phoenixisp
The .qmail files are useful only if you allow pre user settings. If you haven't purchased Plesk's version you need not worry so much about that. And you wouldn't have psa-spamassassin.

The proper way to configure Spamassassin is to edit the local.cf file. You can also add rulesets to your install. Read more here:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/
yeah i figured. guess that since i am using plesk.. not much choice then...

Back