• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

How do I disable Courier IMAP IDLE

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
How do I disable IDLE here… (/etc/courier-imap/imapd)

IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-SHA1 AUTH=CRAM-SHA256 AUTH=PLAIN IDLE"

Hi Pagemakers,

to remove this "IDLE" setting, just leave out the part and restart COURIER-IMAP:

Before:
Code:
IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-SHA1 AUTH=CRAM-SHA256 AUTH=PLAIN IDLE"

After:
Code:
IMAP_CAPABILITY="IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-SHA1 AUTH=CRAM-SHA256 AUTH=PLAIN"

Be informed, that you could as well raise the "MAXDAEMONS" setting in "../courier-imap/imapd", even if that might increase your server load a bit
( I think that you want to change your IDLE - settings, because you might experience COURIER-IMAP running out of daemons, due to several all-time connected clients?! )

I now this appears in 2 places…
##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY:2
##NAME: IMAP_CAPABILITY_ORIG:2

I’ve changed it in both

Hi Pagemakers,

to check you network connections, you might use "lsof" for example. Usage is : lsof -i [protocol][:service|port] ( Please read the manual for more informations for "lsof" ). A standard command would be for example:

lsof -i TCP:993

Be aware, that we don't know, HOW you configured your server, so we don't know, WHICH ports are used for which service on your server.

HI,

awesome Thread here, helped me alot but today IDLE Command was set again. Only reason could be: Update.
So how can i take out this IDLE for sure and without getting override again, by Update?

Back