• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How do I get rid of MariaDB and install MySQL?

jfields

New Pleskian
I have to migrate a lot of old sites over that require a lower version of MySQL, but there is no documentation on how to move from MariaDB to MySQL on Plesk, only going from one MySQL version to the next or one MariaDB version to the next. Does anyone have any insight into this? I need to install MySQL 5.1. I know I can't simply just install it through Yum, because I still have to register it with Plesk.

This is on CentOS 7.8

Also, for reference, this is on a brand new server. No other sites on it. So I'm not afraid of any data loss. I also need it to be on the default MySQL port because the CMS looks there. I don't want to have to search hundreds of config files to fix that.

Hello,

You might want to clarify what version of Mariadb you are moving from?

You need to be careful if you are going from a version of Mariadb that is newer than the equivalent of MySQL 5.1, essentially you will be downgrading if that is the case.

You could always add an external mysql5.1 server as an external database server to your plesk server Adding and Removing Database Servers

D.

It would be a better option to keep the updated MariaDB for the sites that can use it and use a docker instance for the old sites.
But if you want to replace it then u can do the steps similar to this article:

It would be a better option to keep the updated MariaDB for the sites that can use it and use a docker instance for the old sites.
But if you want to replace it then u can do the steps similar to this article:

I have this server devoted to only sites that require 5.1. I have seen that article, but it doesn't tell you how to switch between MySQL and MariaDB. I have also thought about an external 5.1 server but that creates a lot of problem since I am trying to automate through Plesk CLI this move as much as I can. The server provider that hundreds of these sites are on closes down in a month.

Back