• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I ignore case for mail usernames and domains for pop / imap / webmail?

R

RaphaelB

How can I turn off the case sensitivity for mail accounts (both account name and domain) so that [email protected] allows someone to log in with [email protected] and [email protected] will still authenticate for [email protected]?

Note: I do NOT want passwords to ignore case, only the username and domain.

I've looked around and in the plesk admin panel and the courier imap conf files and wasn't able to find any settings that change this. The one hint I found is that courier - if I understand it correctly, just passes the authentication data through to the auth backend, which is authpsa - plesk's authentication backend? How can I change that?

Thanks!

We have already such feature request and I hope it will be implemented in the one of nearest Plesk version.

BTW, Concerning that can and that should not be case sensitivity it is possible to look at this document (there are links to rfc): http://email.about.com/od/emailbehindthescenes/f/email_case_sens.htm

The local part (to '@' character) should (MUST) be case sensitivity according RFC 2821
The domain part should not be case sensitivity (from this RFC).

Back