• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How do I move the "/var/lib/mysql" and "/var/qmail/mailnames" directories to a different volume under /mnt/drivename/... ?

Tim den Dikken

New Pleskian
Hi Pleskians,

I'm hosting on a DO droplet which I configured with a extra drive mounted via the /mnt/ folder in Plesk. As I want to give all the subscriptions some extra disk, e-mail and database space. I already moved the vhosts folder with the "transvhosts.pl" utility. This works great now, this leaves me with the "/var/lib/mysql" and "/var/qmail/mailnames" folder yet to be moved.

I've looked all over the form and there has been some threads here and there, but none of them seem to have a complete solution. I assume it is not as simple as just moving the directories as for the vhosts it changed all the config files.

I really hope someone could help me out here!

You can use bind command and add line to /etc/fstab

/mnt/disc/qmail /var/qmail/mailnames none defaults,bind 0 0
/mnt/disc/mysql /var/mysql none defaults,bind 0 0

Don't forget to set the correct permissions and owner.

of course - a little mistake in 2nd line: (mysql datadir is default /var/lib/mysql)

/mnt/disc/mysql /var/lib/mysql none defaults,bind 0 0

Back