• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Temporary moving /var/www to mount new disk as /var/www

hbudin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obisdian 18.05
Hi,

i am using Azure VM instance with Plesk preinstalled (Centos version). It come with boot disk of 30 GB, so added new 300 GB /dev/sdc1 (drive to use for storage of data inside /var/www folder)
Question - i already configured some sites and everything is working from /var/www/vhosts folder on boot disk. Server is not in production yet.
I want to mount /dev/sdc1 300 gb drive as /var/www mount point, but as this is currently used by real /var/www folder I am wndering how "dangrous" is to temporary do
Code:
mv /var/www /var/wwwtemp
, then mount 300 gb drive as /var/www. After that do mv to move all files from /var/wwwtemp to /var/www which will actually copy them to 300 GB disk space now mounted as /var/www

A bulk of your user's data is going to be in vhosts. I would recommend just leaving the 30GB as is, and then move the vhosts directory to the new 300GB partition by using the transvhosts utility;

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...ge-virtual-hosts-location-in-Plesk-for-Linux-
But moving via transvhosts requires to degrade security by chaning SElinux option - as per instructions Centos should stay in permissive mode. I think trade-off with securirty degradation is not worth it.
On second look, whole /var/ folder - should go to 300 gb partition because there are logs, mysql datafiles, psa dumps.... that can griow really big and 30 gb won't do it

I think I will cross my fingers and do movings :)

Back