• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How Do I restore a backup into different directory?

R

rcampbell

I need to restore a backup into a dummy directory for a specific domain. This packup is a complete server backup and I just need to restore 1 file but into a tmp directory. so for examplae lets say my domain was called zzz.com and it is in this server backup.
I beleive the correct command is /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f /backup/bak_name --single-domain-mode --domain-name=zzz.com ?????????

HOW DO I SPECIFY THE NEW TMP DIR?

as far as i understand you need to get domain files content only? you cannot imho.. as well as other pleck utilities pleskrestore reads and uses path variables defined in /etc/psa/psa.conf file, there are no easy way to extract backup content into some separate folder... moreover no easy way to only _extract_ this without real restoration in plesk base etc, plesk can restore either full domain content or nothing..

an optimal solution may to to install another plesk copy on a separate test box and restore this domain there...

Back