• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I setup my own personal name servers?

U

uknetsolution

Hi guys.

I've got a dedicated server from 1and1, currently I use their internal domain manger so have to point domains to ns1.1and1.com and so on.

I would like to have ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com I'm sure this can be done in plesk.

Do you of you guys know how to do this please?
it would be a great help.

Sorry I'm very new to Linux, been an NT guy until reasonly.

Cheers.
Jase,

I'm not familiar with 1and1, but if my mind serves me correctly, generally you can just go to whever you registered the domains thru, add your name servers for your particular Plesk IP address, and then tell the domain to use those name servers.

Also, you might want to insure that they're not blocking any DNS ports for your IP address.

Jason, if you have a dedicated server, then check DNS for the first domain setup on that server. There should be a ns1.thatfirstdomain.xxx set up automatically. You could use that name server for all other domains you create on the server. Setting up ns2 on the same server is not really a good idea. If you server fails, both ns1 and ns2 will be down...

Alternatively, for a fee, ZoneEdit will set up two (or three) name servers based on your domain.

If you need bakup dns servers for free granitecanyon.com can do it!

Back