• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I setup one DNS

G

gmuer

I would like to transfer one Domain within 5 minutes, for this I have to setting down the TTL of the DNS.

How can I do this for only this Domain and without overwriting the values from PLESK.

Thanks
Marcel

From within the Plesk CP, it is not possible.

You would have to manually add a new record to the 'psa' database table, called 'SOA_TTL' with a value of 300 (seconds). Then force the change to the domain you want, then after you have the domain transferred, you would then either delete the 'SOA_TTL' record, or change it's value back to a more reasonable setting.

To force Plesk to make the change to the domain, you can use command line:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update yourdomain.com

Then change the TTL value or delete the record.

Entering this SOA_TTL record will affect ALL domains newly created or updated with the above update command.

There is no way (with Plesk) to make per domain changes to the SOA settings. This is because they don't use separate zone files, and they did not see the need for us admins to have the ability or need to make per domain changes.

Just like they have never seen the need for us to be able to choose the timestamp format. Sequential (tinydns) type timestamping is acceptable, but not strictly per RFC 'recommendations'. Since the RFC does not say it *must* be one way or the other, Plesk has always chosen to use just the one format.

Back