• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I turn off SSL for every domain

Stuff That Spins

Basic Pleskian
For some reason my upgrade to 10.x has turned SSL on for every domain. Which in turn is making apache2 unstable. If I try to make any change in the plesk panel for a domains config stuff related to apache, apache goes down. I can't restart apache services management or, /etc/init.d/apache2 start

here's tail from /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Tue Nov 16 10:55:57 2010] [warn] Init: SSL server IP/port conflict: flightcrewcentral.com:443 (/var/www/vhosts/flightcrewcentral.com/conf/12898791460.00456300_httpd.include:10) vs. horde.webmail:443 (/opt/psa/admin/conf/generated/12898791910.32823200_horde.include:101)
[Tue Nov 16 10:55:57 2010] [warn] Init: You should not use name-based virtual hosts in conjunction with SSL!!

[warn] Init: You should not use name-based virtual hosts in conjunction with SSL!!

the only way to bring the sites back up is to restart the server. interestingly, the sites that use SSL are working...

If I try to turn off the SSL via the control panel it takes down the apache2 server. So, I'd like to turn off SSL for all vhosts in shell and then try starting apache2. It looks like plesk creates a vhosts.conf file for every domain /var/www/mysite.com/conf/12898791460.00456300_httpd.include - i'm wondering what controls / sets these up?

I think I could grep replace everything if I knew where plesk inherits/creates these files from:
grep -rl SSLEngine on . | sort -u | xargs perl -pi~ -e 's/SSLEngine on/SSLEngine off/'

I'm running ubuntu 8.x and plesk 10.x

Thanks!

Not sure if it applies to your setup, but before my upgrade, I had 1 domain as the master with 1 SSL cert for it...fine, no problems.

I also added a second domain, uploaded the files, but did not activate it via DNS, nor give it any SSL assignment. Upgraded to version 10. All seemed ok until I went and actually activated the second domain via DNS and nameservers , etc. entering the HTTPS protocal for the second domain, gave a certificate error. Its using the first certificate, because its the certificate for the master domain - so I am told. My host recommended I merely add a new cert for the second domain, however, I do not require it at this time - so there ought to be a way to disable the master SSL cert from your other additional domains, I would think, but maybe Plesk overlooked this? I am no expert with DNS or SSL, so we are persuing additional IP address for the second domain, but they are hard to get.

I'm another person that's really upset with this. (3 people in 1 thread)

I just stopped and started apache and saw a notice saying SSL is already running..and i've never needed SSL on any of my sites... never needed certificates or anything. But ever since upgrading to 10.2 , SSL was turned on for all my domains.

How do we disable this, and how come no explanation ?

This also makes us more vulnerable to security threats. I'm practically baffled by all this.

Just in case you didn't figure it out...
I was looking for a fancy way to write some script to fix this issue. I like to over complicate things. As is turns out, all you have to do is turn ssl off in the plans that correspond with the subscriptions you are trying to change, and resync on save. Problem solved.

what if i need some parts of a website to be nonsecure (http://) and others to be secure (https://)? i've been struggling with this for a while, how does one do this in plesk 10? disabling ssl is like cutting off the head to treat the headache, and it still doesn't solve my problem, it just creates a new one. anyone know how to do this?

what does one have to do to get igor to respond to a specific issue? i see he (and everyone else) keeps skipping over this issue to answer older posts, is there some mystical unspoken answer to this that everyone is keeping a secret?

SSL can be disabled for all domains with

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u $i -ssl false;done

I have also this problem, after Updating plesk 9.5* to 10*
:
Generating new Apache configuration on host <xxxxxxx.stratoserver.net> failed because the following error(s) occurred:

Syntax error on line 70 of /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/generated/13318934660.77119000_server.include:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Please fix error(s) in templates of Apache configuration and retry generating the configuration file.

I also need a solution for this!!!

I have testet th part on 2 posts up, but it do not work!!!

Where can I find the template files fot the server.include than I can set SSLEngine off and not on!!! like it is in the file 13318934660.77119000_server.include

thx
druckgott

Back