1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I upgrade awstats to 6.95 inside of plesk?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by meat, Jan 25, 2010.

1. meat

meat Guest

I'm wondering how I would go about updating awstats inside of plesk, currently we are using plesk 9.2.
    I'm asking because currently we are failing PCI Compliance testing based on awstats being an older version. This is the message that our PCI compliance scan is giving us:

Synopsis : The remote web server hosts a Perl script that has an open redirect. Description : The 'awredir.pl' script available through the remote web server as part of an AWStats install that has an open redirect. An attacker may be able to exploit this issue to conduct phishing attacks by tricking users into visiting malicious websites. See also : http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awst ats_changelog.txt Solution: Upgrade to AWStats version 6.95 or later if necessary. And make sure the variable '$KEYFORMD5' defined in the affected script is set to a personalized value.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It can be done manually, but problem in that there are different some paths in original and parallels awstats. If you will find and correct these paths in Plesk configs, etc. it should work fine.

3. YoniT

YoniT Guest

Which file and path need to be update?

Please advice Which file and path need to be update?

4. YoniT

YoniT Guest

i have the same problem with plesk 9.2 for windows.
    how to fix it?

Which file and path need to be update?

5. rsbailey

rsbailey Guest

Any answer?

Did anyone ever get an answer to this, or figure out how to do it?

Please share.