1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I upgrade to MySQL5 ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by panaman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. panaman

panaman Guest

Currently i am on mysql 4.1 and I need to upgrade to mysql 5

It seems like plesk 8.6 supports it.... but I haven't figured out how to get it installed

2. panaman

panaman Guest

I think buzzards are flying overhead

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

4. panaman

panaman Guest

after reading a bunch of stuff here and there.... i finally dove in head first.

Took me about 4 hours to figure it all out.... I didn't realize there there are 2 instances of mysql running, one for plesk itself and the other one is for the client databases.....

basically it turned out to be quite simple to do...
    I shutdown both mysql servers....
    I then downloaded just the files from mysql.com
    I extracted the zip file and deleted the data directory on the new install files...
    i then copied over all the files in both mysql directories....

I then tried to start mysql but it gave me a system error 1067
    so i deleted the log files in data and then tried starting again and it worked.

Then i started the plesk instance using the system monitor.
    I logged into plesk and it said it was still running 4.1.18 mysql.. but i installed 5.0.67
    I then had to go into add/remove programs and then i re-installed mysql there with version 5 and now it shows the correct version in plesk