• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do you keep Horde from coming back even after uninstalling?

J

JZMatrix

I (currently) have Plesk 8.1.1 running on Debian 3.1 and am trying to get rid of Horde and the associated components as they have never worked right and I don't want to have to spend time fixing it. Instead of Horde I'm using RoundCube for webmail services unfortunately Plesk likes to put a blanket webmail.* in it's configuration file which gets overwritten with each domain modification so my webmail site keeps getting bumped for Horde.

I have removed Horde (and all components) which corrects the problem for the time being, however installing any updates through the updater function causes horde to be re-installed, even though non of the horde related check boxes are selected in the updater.

Does anyone know how to keep Plesk from installing this software that I have uninstalled twice now? Granted, the easy answer is not to install updates or to go back and remove horde again after installing updates, but SWSoft should offer a better solution than that. (Note: This isn't a Plesk or SWSoft bash thread, just a statement)

Back