• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How does client/user upgrade SEO Toolkit

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47 Update #5
I have logged in as the user and I don't see that there is an upgrade available from the user point of view for SEO Toolkit. There is no way for the user to see the plans available or that there are upgrades available or pricing, etc.

Do I have to purchase 1 license for 1 user and then install that license for that 1 user? How do I even assign that 1 license to a specific user? What if I have 1000 users all wanting SEO Toolkit upgrades? I have to do them all one at a time? Doesn't make sense.

The licence is "per server", not per user. There are several different licences available. The main difference is the number of keywords "per server" that can be used and the site audit URLs.

What I do not know is whether this option becomes part of service plans, hence can be disabled for some subscribers or not. That would probably need to be tested. You could start with the "free" licence to figure it out, though.

Oh I get it now. When I looked again the only place I saw anything referencing "per server" as in the number of keywords that you mentioned.

Wow, that just makes no sense to me. What if I have 100 clients on that server and one client uses 50 keywords? or all the keyword allotment is used by only 5 clients then what?

I see it being useful only if the owner of the server is doing all the SEO for every client on that server. There has to be a way to control the keyword usage per client.

Plesk has to work it out to offer it per/subscriber otherwise it's pretty much useless.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful

I do not know whether there is a way to control it on a "per user" basis. The licence is for the server, but maybe the extension allows a "per user" setting? Never tried it. Personally I think that a lot of the SEO stuff is over hyped. When you do a website with meaningful content, header, body text and alt tags for images and a domain name that contains the few most important keywords for your site, that is all you need to do. All the keyword-ratio stuff is overrated imho. I strongly believe this because I developed exactly that type of "most likelihood analysis" algorithms for a stand-alone full text database software for PCs at the end of the 80s/beginning of the 90s that today is used by major search engines. They are using more signals for ranking calculations including many that you cannot influence anyway even when doing the best possible SEO (e.g. region of the surfer, region of the vendor, third-party references to the site etc.), but the rest is all the same likelihood calculation as it has always been.
Good content is king. Long live good content.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions! And from a Jedi no less :)

I'm going to uninstall it to avoid confusion and headaches.
Thanks again!

Back