• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How grant permission for an asp.net program to generate a file?

John Dean

New Pleskian
All,
My fibonacciViewer.aspx works on my hard drive, but not when I upload it to teach. Try it out at http://teach.park.edu/~jdean01/viewer/fibonacciViewer.aspx. It prompts me to login, and I have tried several web user logins and even an admin login. After every login attempt, I get no error message, but I get the same login dialog that says "Authentication required." By the way, my logins do work when I login using winSCP and I do FTPs.

The fibonacciViewer.aspx program displays source code for a fibonacci.aspx file in an iframe’s left pane. It dynamically generates an actual fibonacci.aspx file in a test directory and uses that file as the value for the iframe’s right pane src attribute. By doing that, the fibonacci.aspx file’s result should display in the right iframe pane.

I'm guessing that the problem is that that there is no write permission to dynamically create the fibonacci.aspx file in a test directory (and dynamically generate the test directory itself if it doesn’t exist). Is such write permission possible and if it is, can you give write permission safely?

I have tried to put a check in every permission box using Plesk, but nothing helps. I still get the same "Authentication required" every time.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible?
If yes, what should I do to make it happen?

thanks,
john

Back