• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How many subscriptions per Plesk installation

MariuszB

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #1
I would like to ask how many customers can I host on one server without issues. Let's assume that I have strong hardware like Epyc, much RAM and nvme storage.

In this case can I host 100, 500, 1000 or more typical subscriptions with mail service? I'm wondering how much time server will do normal daily jobs like spam scan, log rotation etc.

From my experience more than 250 subscriptions with 1000-1500 domains make some performance problems with daily jobs and backups. So maybe I should change something with may strategy. :) But I would like to ask you for yours numbers.

This is a question for which there is no clear answer.

First, it's not about the number of subscriptions, but about number of domains. Secondly it's not only about the number of domains, but about actual usage of these domains. For example 50 popular domains, with lots of traffic and many mailboxes may cause more load than a server with 800 domains with only a few mailboxes and very little traffic.

As a very, very, general estimate would say that about 1000 domains is going to be tricky without any modification to the default configuration. With an optimized configuration, you might be able to stretch it to about 1500 to 2000 domains. But it all depends on actual usage and load.

Last edited:
Back