• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How much spam is found ?

T

Toepes

Maybe a strange question, but is there a way to see how much spam is found on an server ?

I have windows2003 + Plesk 7.6.1

I know from linux that there is a way to see statistics on spam.

It is a good solution, but it is a part of the solution we already have. Spamassassin !
I noticed on an early version of plesk for linux that you could compleet statistics concerning found virusses and spam even per domain.
I only wondered if this is possible in Plesk for Windows.

Dont you just love spam in forums !

Anyway, as I understand it spamD (spamassassin deamon) is what can create log file / stats. This works on linux but not on windows.

Ive also been looking in to this as I want to know how many spam / ham is being detected on the server so that I know if changes ive made are reducing the spam.

Check http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/StatsPlugin

Its a plugin that records the number of ham and spam for each mailbox in real time. The information is stored in a mysql database, so you can either look at it directly or create your own page to display the information. It then clears it at the end of the day and starts again.

Im going to attempt to integrate it in the next couple of days.

I think this is what your looking for.

Let me know if you have any success setting up the plugin.

Ill post back once ive tried it on my server.

If it works, I may alter the code so that it keeps a history rather than just for the current day.

Back