• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How stop restore process in plesk.

sanek_190

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi all. I started the recovery process from an incremental copy for one of my subdomains, but then stopped after 10 minutes. Then I started the recovery process for the domain and all its subdomains. The process hung for a day, I decided to stop it. But in the plesk panel, the process of stopping has been hanging for a long time. I see that processes have tar related operations

temp_us+ 8449 5871 93 May08 ? 11:49:05 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar --use-compress-program pzstd -f - -xvm --same-permissions --no-same-owner -C /var/www/vhosts/test.com --no-recursion --verbatim-files-from --files-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-sitfl-files-yFehEV --anchored --exclude-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-ea-excludes-VbZ4WU
temp_us+ 8793 8449 0 May08 ? 00:06:52 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar --use-compress-program pzstd -f - -xvm --same-permissions --no-same-owner -C /var/www/vhosts/test.com --no-recursion --verbatim-files-from --files-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-sitfl-files-yFehEV --anchored --exclude-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-ea-excludes-VbZ4WU

temp_us+ 22181 19704 94 May08 ? 13:15:09 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar --use-compress-program pzstd -f - -xvm --same-permissions --no-same-owner -C /var/www/vhosts/test.com --no-recursion --verbatim-files-from --files-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-sitfl-files-wS2NP3 --anchored --exclude-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-ea-excludes-ORLQnA
temp_us+ 22520 22181 0 May08 ? 00:07:09 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar --use-compress-program pzstd -f - -xvm --same-permissions --no-same-owner -C /var/www/vhosts/test.com --no-recursion --verbatim-files-from --files-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-sitfl-files-wS2NP3 --anchored --exclude-from=/tmp/pmm-ru-ea-excludes-ORLQnA

What do we have to do? Wait for the process to stop by itself? But it's not entirely clear how long to wait? Or complete, and if you complete it, how, so that it does not show in the panel that it is trying to stop the recovery process?

Attachments

• backup_stop.PNG
    backup_stop.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
If you do not want to wait on completion of the restore process, you can safely kill -p <process id> the processes. The downside however is that there might be temporary files left in the backup temporary directories. Where these are located is determined by the DUMP_TMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf. It is also possible that some parts of a "local" backup have already been stored to what DUMP_D determines. If you want a clear completion, the process needs to run until finished.

Depending on the backup's size, the backup source (remote or local) and the number of files in a backup set, a restore can take many hours. If you believe a restore hangs, it would be good to investigate why. For example you could first look into the running processes what they are currently doing, to verify that they are really stuck. That could be done with strace -p <process id>.

If you do not want to wait on completion of the restore process, you can safely kill -p <process id> the processes. The downside however is that there might be temporary files left in the backup temporary directories. Where these are located is determined by the DUMP_TMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf. It is also possible that some parts of a "local" backup have already been stored to what DUMP_D determines. If you want a clear completion, the process needs to run until finished.

Depending on the backup's size, the backup source (remote or local) and the number of files in a backup set, a restore can take many hours. If you believe a restore hangs, it would be good to investigate why. For example you could first look into the running processes what they are currently doing, to verify that they are really stuck. That could be done with strace -p <process id>.
Which process i shoud kill, tar?

Back