• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to add apache module to php_handler

Elliott_Veares

New Pleskian
Hi all and welcome to my first post. I recently upgraded php to php 5.5.15 with this script:

https://gist.github.com/Stayallive/92e841e7dd89c8509c15/download#

and in that script at the bottom a php fast-cgi handler was added with the following code.

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler \
    --add \
    -displayname "5.5.15" \
    -path /php/php-5.5.15/bin/php \
    -phpini /php/php-5.5.15/etc/php.ini \
    -type module \
    -id "module-5.5.15"

However I also want to enable php 5.5.15 as an apache module; how would I do this?

Also if relevent: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/php_handlers_control --list shows:

Code:
 id:                 display name:   version:    type:             cgi-bin:                           php.ini:
 module           5.4.33             5.4.33      module         /usr/bin/php-cgi                 /etc/php.ini
 fastcgi            5.4.33             5.4.33      fastcgi         /usr/bin/php-cgi                 /etc/php.ini
 cgi                 5.4.33             5.4.33      cgi              /usr/bin/php-cgi                 /etc/php.ini
fastcgi-5.5.15    5.5.15             5.5.15      fastcgi         /php/php-5.5.15/bin/php-cgi  /php/php-5.5.15/etc/php.ini

Any help much appreciated,

Regards: Elliott.

Thanks, but not a lot of help; i all ready have php 5.4 as an apache module using mod_php and wanted to upgrade that.

Is it possible to upgrade from php 5.4 without going the cgi/fcgi route?

Edit: Just installed PHP 5.6.1 as FastCGI and is working fine, may just stick with that.

(Why does plesk come with php 5.3?, so out of date!)

Last edited:
Hello Elliott_Veares,

you might have a look at the Parallels - KB-article 118378 :

In your current php_handler - list you already find the answer to all possible handlers ( Apache-module = module / CGI-Application = cgi / FastCGI-Application = fastcgi ) and with the KB-article you should find it quite easy to add the desired handlers.

Hi this guide does not work for adding a module. You describe to use "module" as the type but this errors out with information that the type parameter only takes entries in the format of /^(cgi|fastcgi)$/. Therefore module cannot be used as per this guide.

Hi David Walker,

could you pls. clarify, what makes you think, that the apache - module ( mod_php ) is NOT an additional module for your apache webserver?

Back