• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to add pcntl support to PHP 8.3?

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.58 Update #2
Hi, I run FreeScout on Plesk.
The software seems require the pcntl (console PHP) and support the pcntl_signal (console PHP).

How can I add this to my PHP 8.3 on Plesk?
Without I'm experiencing maybe some issue with FreeScout.

1709986795314.png

Thanks.

Run the following command:

Code:
# /opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -v

show the current PHP version.

Output is:

Code:
PHP 8.3.3 (cli) (built: Feb 16 2024 09:57:19) (NTS)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.3.3, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v8.3.3, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Now with the following command should be possible to check if pcntl is installed and active

Code:
# /opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -m | grep pcntl

The Output is:

Code:
pcntl

written in a red row.
This should mean the component is active and installed?

But FreeScout say that is not found.

I check in the php.ini and there is no extnesion line like:

Code:
extension=pcntl

If I add this line I get cron error message:

Code:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pcntl' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.3/lib/php/modules/pcntl (/opt/plesk/php/8.3/lib/php/modules/pcntl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.3/lib/php/modules/pcntl.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.3/lib/php/modules/pcntl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I'm still looking how to resolve the issue showed by FreeScout

1710084421196.png

Well I tried to adapt the guide located here for / to the pcntl support but if I add the extension=pcntl in the php.ini after this procedure now I get a shorter error: PHP Warning: Module "pcntl" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0
Removed the line extension=pcntl from the php.ini

Freescout still showing Not found as in the screen above.
I will try to ask again also to Freescout why.

Do not try to recompile PHP on a Plesk server, even if you succeed , at the next php upgrade your compilation will be gone.

as far as i can see in freescout, config/install.php , the line with pcntl is commented out

2. anyway this Freescout is based on laravel 5.5, which is completely out of support

Do not try to recompile PHP on a Plesk server, even if you succeed , at the next php upgrade your compilation will be gone.

as far as i can see in freescout, config/install.php , the line with pcntl is commented out

2. anyway this Freescout is based on laravel 5.5, which is completely out of support
Is not required but have not in function cause workflow issues.
As I use workflow I need resolve that and have enabled.

Freescout is not the only open source app that use Laravel 5.5, I know this is old but they patch it.

Finally for fully resolve the requirement of Freescout need to go on server location usr/bin

and lunch the following command:

Code:
ln -s /opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php php

this will link the PHP and will resolve the issue of requirement in the UI.

From Plesk ticket support.

Back