1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

how to ban ip/domain?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by screamv, Feb 17, 2005.

1. screamv

screamv Guest

Hi, looking at statistics for one of the domains on my Plesk server, I see that the page http://www.pr3d.us/lc.pr3d.html as the top referer. This page (part of some XXX adult website) is framing the website. How can I ban/block them from doing this?

Thanks, Ryan

2. Wintermute

Wintermute Guest

Not sure if it can be done from plesk- I am sure you could do it on the server level but most definately (and propbably the best way) is on the router. thats how i do it.
    Get the website's IP (the one you want to ban) and set up some sort of ACL on the router to block all incoming traffic from that Ip or subnet..if you do not have access to the router, have your ISP do it ( assuming your colo'd in a data center or have a t1 or something...)

good luck

winter

3. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    An easier way would be to add the offending domain to your /etc/hosts.deny file.

4. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Guest

In 7.5.0+ you can make a custom rule in the firewall module and deny the IP or a CIDR range.