1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to change all server ip's in Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Davteks, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Davteks

Davteks Guest

Here is what I am wishing to be able to do.

I have 2 methods of internet access. #1 being thru comcast - #2 being thru a T1

sometimes one or the other goes down. When this happens sites go down.

So I got the idea to let godaddy do my DNS and instead of pointing the WWW and MAIL records to a IP, I am setting up where I use for example WEB3Panel.domain.net which resolves to the host headers IP address. So if a internet provider goes down, I can just change those 2 records in godaddy and then switch over my server to alt provider.

No if I swich over the cable from alt provider, the ip's will need to switch. I am only using 2 ips on the server. 1 for email, 1 for sites.

How can I easily change the 2 IP's on the plesk server?

and

thens be able to switch it back. Is this a easy process.
    Thanks,

Joe

2. Davteks

Davteks Guest

I am in the Windows section and yes this question is for windows server.

Thanks,

Joe

3. Davteks

Davteks Guest

Is this question going to be answered by Parallels guru's? It is probably something many people may want to do.

Thanks,

Joe